Motherhood Doesn’t Have to Mean Sacrificing Your Beautiful Figure!
Pregnancy and motherhood are life-altering events that bring more joy than you perhaps thought possible. Yet they can also take their toll on your body, and sadly, it is not uncommon to be disillusioned and upset when your body doesn’t just bounce back after childbirth. Enter the Mommy Makeover! The Mommy Makeover was designed for moms who want to restore their body to its pre-pregnancy shape. The Mommy Makeover is not a single procedure, but a uniquely-tailored combination of procedures generally centered around the breasts and abdomen where most of the changes relating to motherhood occur. As a mom, you probably give and do for your family all the time; this is something you can do that’s just for you!
Unfortunately, pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding can adversely impact your physique in ways that are simply not amenable to correction through diet and exercise alone. If your post-pregnancy body has left you with any of these physical changes, you might consider undergoing a Mommy Makeover to reverse the effects:
- Sagging breasts
- Loss of volume in breasts
- Overly large breasts
At Plastic Surgery of Tuscaloosa located in Tuscaloosa, AL, Board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Ross Bunch helps women address the many body changes that can occur after pregnancy with a combination of options. Dr. Bunch understands that even the most rigorous diet and exercise regimens don’t always get you the results you want. He makes every effort to listen to your concerns to ensure that your surgical results will give you the transformation that you’ve worked so hard for and that you deserve!
What Procedures Will Make Up Your Mommy Makeover?
Every Mommy Makeover as different and unique as each patient. Every woman has her own individual set of concerns and we work closely with you to come up with a treatment plan that addresses those specific issues. Most Mommy Makeovers involve one or more of the following procedures:
- Breast Lift (Mastopexy): Pregnancy and breastfeeding can lead to significant changes in the position of the breasts. There are various “lift” procedures that can be customized depending on the extent of sagging (ptosis) you are experiencing.
- Breast Augmentation: If your breasts have lost volume or have a deflated appearance, a breast augmentation, utilizing customizable silicone or saline implants, can help restore the look and feel of natural fullness. This can be combined with a breast lift as well.
- Breast Reduction: It is not uncommon for breasts to become overly large during pregnancy and sometimes this remains the same after childbirth. The weight of overly large breasts can be alleviated with a breast reduction.
- Tummy Tuck: During pregnancy, the skin and abdominal muscles are stretched beyond the point of natural recovery, creating a loose or protruding appearance to the abdomen. A tummy tuck can help provide a flat abdominal contour by removing excess skin and fat from the area, as well as repairing the underlying muscle. Stretch marks in the lower abdomen can be eliminated at the same time.
- Liposuction: Stubborn pockets of fat in the waist, love handles, or heavy flanks or thighs may also persist after pregnancy and can distort the proportions of the body. Liposuction can help reduce these areas and can also be easily combined with other procedures.
Contact Plastic Surgery of Tuscaloosa
At Plastic Surgery of Tuscaloosa in Tuscaloosa, AL, Dr. Ross Bunch and his professional, caring staff stand out among local surgical practices for their dedication to the most advanced cosmetic and reconstructive procedures in the industry. We are well-established in the community and have built a reputation for high quality patient care and excellent customer service. Dr. Bunch is a board-certified plastic surgeon with extensive training and experience in microsurgery, facial and rhinoplasty surgeries, and endoscopic surgical techniques, and brings a specialized skill and artistry to every procedure he performs. Our mission is to restore form, function, and beauty to all aspects of your body so you look as gorgeous on the outside as you feel on the inside!
If you are interested in learning more about a Mommy Makeover or any of our other body contouring procedures, please contact our office at 205-349-0049. We look forward to speaking with you and to scheduling your consultation with Dr. Bunch!